Frequently Asked Questions
What is Moicon?
Moicon is a platform meant to empower a new era of creativity for manufacturers and building owners. We make it easy for anyone to upload their 3D buildings and facilities for immersive and interactive use.
Moicon allows users to transact in confidence using our realtime 3D viewer. Our technology is integrated with most major 3D extensions. We're compatible with all the major browsers.
What can I do with Moicon?
- Accelerate your existing online workflows or create new solutions
- Helps streamline the complexities of manufacturing, engineering, and construction industries by connecting players, components, and processes
- Centralize your data and connect it to all points of the industry supply chain, empowering you to transform the manufacturing process
- Create digital experiences that access any kind of design and engineering data—virtually anywhere, any time
- Scale as your customers’ needs change or as you innovate
- Improve existing software or build new, custom solutions using industry-standard web technologies
Who is Moicon for?
Moicon helps companies in the building, engineering, construction, and manufacturing industries. Moicon help them address challenges by enabling the development of customized, scalable solutions that meet the digital needs of tomorrow.
How is Moicon different than other SaaS (Software as a Service) offerings?
Moicon is the only SaaS combining modern gaming technologies in an unique manner to establish a web-based solution for manufacturing and building needs.
How is it done?
By virtually loading your building or plant based off your real-world data. This grants you the ability to really make different scenarios come to (virtual) life, look at the problems from a different perspective and come up with new ways to solve them. Moicon's features are crafted together with industrial operators and building managers to provide industry-tailored content for your Digital Twin – designed to help you solve and overcome everyday challenges, whether that's planning or operation related. See more here
What do I need to do?
In theory, all you need to do is upload your 3d model to Moicon through our encrypted user portal and sit back while our services translate and upload your Digital Twin to the encrypted server, hosted in a certified AWS-environment.
However – before that, we believe the reason you're researching to apply a Digital Twin to a certain use case is to optimize, simulate or monitor certain or several processes. The user's real-world insight is vital to overcome the users real-world challenges, whereas Moicon™ is the virtual tool helping the organization organize their data so that they can plan, operate, service & maintain their buildings to achieve goals and drive KPI's up.
Login and password
Your credentials will be sent out to the e-mail given during the payment process for the Moicon application license.
How to load my files?
After log in in the left upper corner of the Moicon app you will find a "load model" button. Click on it and browse your computer to load the desired model.
Account / Billing
Do you accept other payment methods besides PayPal?
Not exactly. Currently, PayPal is Moicon’s only payment processor. However, we can sometimes make an exception for a Moicon membership plan via wire. The only requirement is that the purchase must be an annual plan commitment. If you’re interested, message us.
How can I request an invoice for my payment?
You can request an invoice for your paid Moicon membership. Or you should be able to request or find those through your PayPal dashboard.
Trust & Safety
How is security/data privacy ensured?
We build security into our products by following secure development practices throughout the product lifecycle. By doing so, Moicon creates products that are more resilient to threats and makes it harder for attackers to develop exploits, which helps us protect our customers and their assets.
Uploading / Viewing
What web browser should I use?
We recommend using one of the following:
- Other Chromium based web browser
How can I boost FPS/smooth performance in my web browser?
First of all upgrade your graphics drivers. To feel the best performance enable GPU for your web browser:
- Type chrome://flags in chrome address bar;
- Look for settings Override software rendering list -> #ignore-gpu-blacklist;
- Make sure Override software rendering list is set to Enabled;
- Relaunch google chrome.
- Type edge://settings/system in edge address bar;
- Look for settings Use hardware acceleration when available;
- Turn on;
- Click on Restart button.
- Type about:config in firefox address bar;
- Type layers.acceleration.force-enabled in search field;
- Double click on it to turn the value from false to true;
- Relaunch Firefox.
GPU is generally enabled by default in Safari
- From the menu bar, click Safari and then select Preferences;
- Select the Websites tab;
- Select WebGL from the list on the left side of the window (you will only see this option if WebGL has been disabled in your browser);
- If you see <your domain>.moicon.cloud listed on the right, select Allow from the drop-down menu;
- If you don't see <your domain>.moicon.cloud listed on the right, look for When visiting other websites in the lower-right corner of the window, and select Ask or Allow from the drop-down menu.
How do I know if my model is too large/complex?
Good question! For recommendations on optimizing your uploaded model on Moicon, see Viewer Performance.
My camera changing sensitivity during the zoom on the fly.
To return to the previous state:
Double click on the object.
Alt+Tab causes selection window box.
To return to the previous state:
Press Alt twice to get rid of box select
Reload the page
The latest changes are not reflected in my project, how to refresh it?
Make sure to clear cache in your browser.