VIGO Photonics using Moicon© for Production Process Optimization, Analysis and Cost Estimations
See how semiconductor company VIGO Photonics built a 3D replica of their actual facility to allow for effective and safe testing of the manufacturing line.
VIGO Photonics is a European manufacturer of semiconducting materials and instruments for photonic and microelectronics, specialized in MWIR and LWIR detectors and modules, produced with the use of internally-developed technology.
VIGO Photonics has a complete front – end and back- end production line for semiconductor high capacity instruments. The company is constantly expanding its market reach and now has its subsidiaries in Taiwan and the USA.
Headquarters in Ożarów Mazowiecki, Poland
Equip your 3D-model with your 3D assets and equipments by dragging and dropping from your Asset Library™
For VIGO Photonics, the Moicon Digital Twin replicated their actual factory and transformed it into a dynamic 3D-representation that was easily accessible from their web browser, saving them the time and expense of physically implementing changes to new prototypes and final products live directly in their factory floor.
Now, VIGO Photonics can design and simulate numerous production line situations, obtain reports, make revisions, and then put those changes into practice in their actual facility.
Dominik Pełka | Senior Process Engineer
By using innovative solutions, Moicon has increased the awareness of data flow during production, thanks to which forecasting the next steps and investments becomes easier.
The following challenges that VIGO Photonics often encounters in manufacturing operations were highlighted by digital manufacturing:
- Tight Requirements - Highly complex technology necessitates a high level of technical control for an accurate and efficient result;
- Flexibility in production – being able to accommodate diverse semiconductor solutions for a variety of customers across various industries:
- Security and Defense;
- Railway Transport Safety;
- Material Sorting;
- Gas Leak Detection;
- Environmental Protection.
- Visualization – The capacity to demonstrate to customers how utilizing VIGO Photonics can improve their operations and how VIGO Photonics can save costs and increase automation in the manufacturing processes.
Process Analysis™ objects are placed in a viewport.
The chart data shows simulation measurements and the data report is ready for review and potential export.
The data can be used for cost estimation analysis. This function is available after the simulation is completed.
As a result, the production costs and the return on investment analysis are visible.
Why VIGO Photonics Chose Moicon
For VIGO Photonics projects, Moicon was chosen as the simulation tool for a number of reasons:
- Innovative platform that can be utilized for everything from equipment evaluation and process optimization to model construction and layout planning;
- Reports from many production scenarios allow to determine the best possible variant;
- Calculating Production costs and return on investment for production conditions;
- The simplicity of the workflows and ease of use for modeling production solutions and procedures;
- The Moicon asset library's vast collection of parametric, reusable models speeds up the simulation setup process;
- Uploading custom equipment assets quickly and easily so they may be utilized in simulations with behavior models for process analysis;
- Enhanced visualization graphics and performance in viewport of the model makes it a medium for visual communication;
- Access directly from the internet browser, no installation.
Get in touch today and let's work together on creating a dynamic 3D-representation of your factory - in the form of a Digital Twin, accessible directly from your web browser.
Features Used in This Project