5 min read
12 Jun 23
New in Moicon: Show Image, Improved Rooms, New Kiosk Mode and more!
Keep up with the most recent updates to the Moicon App to stay informed and current. Significant modifications brought about by our most recent updates will improve your project experience.
The primary focus of our recent update is to enhance your App experience and improve functionalities such as IoT rooms, Paths, and Process Analysis. Our aim is to simplify the process of creating precise digital replicas that accurately represent efficient factories.
"Show image" for decals in the context menu is a feature that allows users to quickly view the image associated with a particular decal.
This functionality that enables users to conveniently preview the image connected to a specific decal within a context menu. Decals are graphical elements or images that can be applied to surfaces, walls, or assets, or textures.
With this feature, when a user interacts with a decal in a context menu, typically by right-clicking, a preview of the associated image will be displayed. This preview allows users to quickly assess the appearance of the decal without the need to open a separate viewer or navigate to another interface. It provides a more seamless and efficient way to evaluate and select decals based on their visual representation.
IoT rooms that help visualize data in 3D space are designed to enhance the monitoring and analysis of Internet of Things (IoT) devices and their associated data. The recent provide more control and convenience in managing and visualizing the data. Let's explore each feature in more detail:
- 'Active' switch: allows you to activate or deactivate individual rooms within the IoT visualization system. When a room is deactivated, its data may not be displayed. This feature enables you to focus on specific rooms or exclude certain rooms from the visualization based on your requirements.
- 'Name visible' switch: the visibility of room name labels in the 3D space. Turning this switch on will display the names associated with each room, making it easier to identify and differentiate them in the visualization. Conversely, turning it off will hide the room names, providing a cleaner view of the 3D space.
- Switch at section level: allowing you to quickly enable or disable all rooms within a specific section of the IoT visualization. It provides a convenient way to toggle the visibility or inclusion of multiple rooms in one action, streamlining the management of data and visualization settings.
- Double-clicking on a room: either in the 3D viewport or the tree view, triggers a fit-to-view action. This action adjusts the camera position or zoom level in the 3D space to focus on the selected room. It helps you quickly navigate and center your view on specific rooms of interest for closer examination or analysis.
Overall, these recent additions aim to enhance the user experience and control in managing IoT rooms and their associated data within the 3D visualization environment. They provide flexibility, customization, and ease of use, enabling efficient analysis and monitoring of IoT devices and their data.
New type of Kiosk
The kiosk is a useful tool for creating an overview of a building using camera raids. By accessing the kiosk, users can control the height and speed of the camera, stop and resume the raid, and get a clear view of different parts of the building.
With the help of the kiosk, users can capture high-quality images and videos of the building's interior and exterior, including areas such as roofs and upper floors.
To set the camera to change according to a given path vertex select edit mode.
Select a given vertex, then change path property to Mode: Per vertex and under vertex Kiosk select the desired mode for the vertex.
Use the pick position from the viewport action to more easily select the camera lock point.
After all the vertices are set, the path camera will change when you press play.
Improved Process Analysis UI
Process Analysis refers to the systematic examination of a process or workflow in order to identify areas of improvement and optimize its efficiency. We have added an improved minimalist user interface (UI) for process analysis. Now we focus on providing a clutter-free and intuitive design that enhances the identification of objects on the viewport.
Toggle Fullscreen Mode
Fullscreen mode provide users with the option to switch between a regular windowed mode and a fullscreen mode. When enabled, the application's user interface (UI) elements, such as toolbars and menus are hidden, and the viewport (the area where the application's content is displayed) expands to fill the entire screen. It can be selected from the right-click menu:
The primary purpose of the fullscreen mode is to provide a distraction-free and immersive experience for the user. By eliminating the UI clutter and maximizing the content display area, the application's content becomes more prominent and focused. This can be particularly useful once goal that heavily rely on visual content.
Multiselection for Asset Browser
We enhanced the selection capabilities within the tree view of an asset browser. The asset browser is a component used to navigate and manage different types of objects, such as assets, decals, or components.
Traditionally, multiselection in a tree view involves holding down the CTRL key (Command key on macOS) and clicking on individual items to select them. However, with the improved multiselection using SHIFT+select, users can select multiple items in a consecutive range with a keyboard shortcut.
Here's how it typically works:
- Initial selection: The user clicks on the first item in the range to select it.
- Press and hold SHIFT: While continuing to hold down the SHIFT key, the user clicks on the last item in the desired range.
- Range selection: application automatically selects all the items between the first and last selected items, inclusively, creating a contiguous range of selected items.
This method allows for faster and more efficient selection of multiple items in the asset browser tree view, especially when the desired items are located consecutively. It eliminates the need to individually click on each item or repeatedly use the CTRL/CMD key.
☕ Before they are released, here is a brief explanation of the Autodesk Construction Cloud and BIM360 integration that we are adding.
Synchronization with Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC) and BIM360 offers valuable features that enhance collaboration and data management within construction projects.
With synchronization, you can seamlessly transfer your project data from the Autodesk cloud to Moicon with a few clicks. This ensures that your data remains consistent and up-to-date, eliminating the need for manual data transfers or duplicate data entry. By having a synchronized data source, you can avoid version conflicts and maintain data integrity.
We provide access to the centralized data library you have built in the past, and then further organize the files, documents and models associated with the project. Synchronization ensures that this data is accessible across the platform, allowing project team members to easily find and retrieve the information they need.
Join in the Process of Shaping What Will Happen in the Future
In the upcoming months, we will implement improvements to empower organizations in efficiently handling their data within Moicon. If you have already explored the Moicon App using your web browser, we appreciate receiving your feedback.
5 min read
24 May 23
Lean Manufacturing Principles: Driving Efficiency in the Manufacturing Industry